If you enjoyed this post from a few weeks back, in which Basketball Prospectus's Kevin Pelton's SCHOENE system reminded everyone that Greg Oden's numbers put him in Hall Of Fame company and projected big things for the Blazers center this season, then this 45-minute episode of The Dontonio Wingcast has your name written all over it.
KP2 and I are back with our first podcast in awhile to provide an early preview of the 2010-2011 NBA season and to really get this Blazers hype train rolling. Guess what? After going gaga over Greg Oden, KP2 and his SCHOENE projection system happen to be head over heels for the 2010-2011 Portland Trail Blazers.
In between my blatant attempts to cajole you into purchasing KP2's new Basketball Prospectus 2010-2011 book (available online soon), Pelton breaks the computer love down in full detail.
- Why does SCHOENE projects Portland to not only win the Northwest Division but also ......... (you'll have to listen to find out)?
- Which Northwest team will give the the Blazers the best run for their money?
- Which Blazer rookie has the best chance at getting some burn?
- Which Blazer starter is poised to raise eyebrows (in a good way)?
- Who should be the No. 1 pick in your fantasy draft?
- Why are statistical projections and analysts who rely upon them so much higher on the Blazers than "shoot from the hip" experts?
-- Ben Golliver | (firstname.lastname@example.org) | Twitter