If your cat even chews on the leaf of a lily, your cat might be dead within a week.
I did not know this until today when I noticed my kitties chewing on my new asiatic lily. I remember my fiance telling me that some plants were toxic to cats. So I researched it on the interwebs and discovered that lilies are extremely toxic to kitties. They cause kidney failure in our feline friends. By the time they start showing symptoms (vomitting, loss of appetite, lethargy, depression, it might be too late and they will probably be dead pets! The best course of action is taking them to the vet within 18 hours. The sooner the better. I got them in within 3 hours and the vet gave them charcoal and pumped them full of Intraveneous fluids.
So this JD is like a public service announcement to all you Bedge cat owners. Do not keep lilies in the house, The vet told me a story about a cat getting some lily pollen on his nose and the cat was dead within 18 hours!
I even wrote Wyden and Merkley about this issue, there is no warning on lilies telling consumers that they are freaking extremely deadly to our feline friends!
Which one of my cats do you like more?
Punter (short for pumpkin) (5 votes)
Punt (another name for pumpkin) (4 votes)
Punted Football (alternate nickname for pumpkin) (3 votes)
Jager ( my other cat, yes Jager is named after the liquor :) (2 votes)
Jages ( Jagers nickname) (2 votes)
16 total votes