I've been chewing on this for a while and every time I think about lineups I always come back to the one we started last night.
I don't profess to be a basketball genius but the results speak for themselves (to some extent). I'm really looking for input more than anything else, why couldn't last nights lineup be a permanent change?
1. You get Wesley Mathews in the SL.
2. Roy and Miller aren't fighting to be the floor captains anymore
3. No more Roy drama. Maybe a little Miller drama though.
4. We're BIG.
5. It's not like Miller is a big upgrade at def from Roy so having only one of them on the floor means we only have one defensive liability.
5a. We've got two lockdown defenders to makeup for only one persons deficiencies instead of one lockdown def trying to make up for two players deficiencies.
6. Our young guys get the minutes they need to get better.
7. Millers contract is even more disposable
I see this lineup playing out something like this:
1 - Roy
2 - Mathews
3 - Batum
4 - LA
5 - Camby
1 - Miller/Mills/Johnson (now we really can trade Millers contract)
2 - Fernandez/Johnson
3 - Mathews/Roy/Fernandez swing over
4 - Cunningham/Camby swings over
5 - Pryz/LA swings over
So tell me what I'm missing - even after you have I still might ignore your logic and enjoy my own little world of awesomeness that I've created. Look forward to your thoughts.