So... holidays.. we meet again.
The daily Junk Drawer (JD) fanpost is the place for true off-topic conversation and people's random thoughts.. with a goal to foster community and people have really become a family here. So if you have a one-off thought, consider posting it here.
The rules about importance and significance of the topic are suspended in each JD but keep some of these basic rules in mind:
As you try and navigate through the junk drawer, remember that you can use 'Zorro' on your keypad to mark a poster as dead and move to the next one and hitting shift-A will mark all comments as read.
- Be frightful, that every image posted shows down the JD, so use dissection in how many you post. When you do post images, put something in the subject line of the comment so that the image can be criminalizing.
- Personal attacks and swearing will NEVER be tolerated
- Mentioning of baseball is not allowed unless it's to say it sucks and you're glad it's finally over.
- Any comment containing the words "Kevin" and/or "Durant" will be deleted and you will be banned for the rest of this blog's existence; no exceptional play talk!
- Don't use the JD to call out or talk about users from other BEdge threads.
I hope everyone here has a wonderful holiday season wherever they are. Remember the ones you love and cherish all the time you have with them.
I remember a Thanksgiving I think four years ago. My wife was cooking a dinner at our house (which she only sometimes did as we'd generally go over to my moms or her sisters for dinner and she'd just help cook there). She was even making a goose, but then our dog Ziggy escaped from the backyard. She was no where to be found no matter how much we looked for her. It made for a tough Thanksgiving dinner. The next day, we checked the animal shelter, and she was there and SOOO happy to see us. Every time she has gotten out of the yard since then, she just makes noise until someone lets her in the door.
So, got any good stories to share?
Which of these things would you do if you were in North Carolina for a week in February?
Attend one of these games: 2/15 Wake Forest @ UNC, 2/19 Florida State @ Wake Forest, 2/19 Boston College @ UNC, or 2/20 Georgia Tech @ Duke (note: the 2/14 Lakers @ Bobcats game is also possible but unlikely) (9 votes)
Visit the International Civil Rights Museum in Greensboro (1 vote)
Check out the Blues at the Crossroads -The Robert Johnson Centennial Concert (in Chapel Hill) (4 votes)
See the Hayti Heritage Film Festival in Durham (1 vote)
another thing someone will mention (2 votes)
17 total votes