An article in the Ohio State newspaper states that Blazer "team officials said Oden is looking at a late November rreturn".
Depending on how you define late November, this means he would miss 15-17 games at the beginning of the season, and so potentially could play in 65-67 games this season.
Get excited, Blazer fans!!!
Get ready to eat crow, bust declarers! I like Greg's attitude toward the naysayers in this article. This is Greg Oden, whose on court performance to date has ranked with the all time great centers:
"Advanced statistics indicate that when he has been on the court, he has been one of the two best players to enter the league this decade, that he compares favorably to the greatest centers of the last thirty years, and that he compares favorably to the greatest rebounders of all time. This indicates that if he can be relatively injury-free, and get his fouling under control, he just might be that once in a generation center he was hyped to be.
The following summarizes Oden’s performance on the court to date:
- Greg Oden is one of the two best players to come into the NBA in the last ten years according to comprehensive advanced statistics. (Hint: the other is LeBron).
- Greg Oden’s second year advanced stats compare favorably with those of the all-time great centers of the last thirty years: Shaq, David Robinson, Hakeem (and Dwight Howard).
- Greg Oden's rookie year rebounding compares well with the rookie years of some of the greatest rebounders of all time.
- Greg Oden was a top five big man – or better – when he was on the court last year.
- Greg Oden’s 2009-2010 advanced statistics compare well with those of three-time NBA all-star, two-time NBA defensive player of the year, three-time all-NBA team member Dwight Howard.
- Greg Oden was ranked higher in more advanced statistical categories last year than NBA scoring leader Kevin Durant, the 1st team all-NBA team player the Trail Blazers could have taken instead"
See this link for details:
http://www.blazersedge.com/2010/9/12/1684146/greg-odens-on-court-performance for details.