Did you know there is a D-League draft each year? No? Well, there is, and it's the main way by which the D-League teams get players, and not by getting them sent down from NBA teams or by signing training camp cuts though those are of course welcome additions. So this was today again. The first pick (random lottery not based on performance in previous year, then "snake draft") was made by the Reno Bighorns, and they selected former Mavs "real-draft" 2007 pick Nick Fazekas.
The Blazers- and Nuggets-affiliated Idaho Stampede came out of the draft with the following players after having the last pick in the first round (any future trades pending):
1. Salim Stoudamire (PG), maybe known to some from Lake Oswego High School and former NBA pick of the Hawks
2. Walter Sharpe (SF/PF), 2008 pick of the Sonics
3. Dominique Johnson (SG), Azuza Pacific University
4. Chris Roberts (SG), Bradley University
5. Kentrell Gransberry (C/PF), South Florida
6. Alan Daniels (SF), Lamar University
7. Willie Jenkins (SF), Tennessee Tech
8. J.T. Tiller (SG), Missouri
Two other known names who were drafted: Cheikh "I'm happy Roy plays not in the DL" Samb, and former Blazer Antonio Daniels (in his case maybe he tries to enter coaching and not a full NBA comeback).
More coverage at:
Full draft list on official D-League site as linked in the title