It's been awhile, but Basketball Prospectus's Kevin Pelton and I are back with a 41-minute episode of The Dontonio Wingcast to break down the Bayless trade from all sides and to assess the Fabricio Oberto signing. KP2 also lets us in on his final SCHOENE projection for the Blazers in advance of the regular season opener tomorrow night against the Phoenix Suns. Some questions we mulled...
- Jerryd Bayless trade: good trade or bad trade? Conditional first round pick: good value or bad value? Which side won?
- Why make this trade and why now?
- What does this trade say, if anything, about GM Rich Cho? Is sentimentality dead in Portland?
- How will the rotation shake out? What has Armon Johnson shown during the preseason? What other combinations are we likely to see?
- How much production will the Blazers lose by downgrading from Jeff Pendergraph to Fabricio Oberto?
- Who should start if Camby is injured: Oberto or Dante Cunningham?
- What is SCHOENE's final projection for the Blazers? How does it differ from Pelton's own subjective projection?
Reminder: KP2's Basketball Prospectus 2010-2011 is now available on Amazon.com.
-- Ben Golliver | (email@example.com) | Twitter