Three Team Trade (Portland Trail Blazers, New Orleans Hornets, Oklahoma City Thunder)
1. Blazers Sign David Lee 5 years 50 million - front loaded so that New York won't match.
2. Blazers then Packages Travis Outlaw, J.Bayless, 3 million dollars, and a future first round pick to New Orleans
3. Oklahoma Thunder then Packages Jeff Green and James Harden to New Orleans
3. New Orleans Trades James Posey, and Tyson Chandler (who the thunder nearly had at the trade deadline but backed out of the trade due to health concerns which now seem not to be a concern) to the Thunder
4. New Orleans then Trades Chris Paul to the Portland Trail Blazers
Blazers Trades: David Lee, Travis Outlaw, J.Bayless, 3 million Dollars, 2010 first round pick
Blazers Receives: Chris Paul
Oklahoma Trades: Jeff Green and James Harden
Oklahoma Receives: David Lee, Tyson Chandler, James Posey
New Orleans Trades: Chris Paul, Tyson Chandler, James Posey
New Orleans Receives: James Harden, J. Bayless, Travis Outlaw, Jeff Green, Trail Blazer's 2010 first round pick, and 3 million dollars
Trail Blazers 2009 Rotation:
Chris Paul/Steve Blake
Brandon Roy/Rudy Fernandez
Aldridge/(fa pick up Bass?)/ Pendegraph / Cunningham
New Orleans Gets out of Contracts (approximately 40 mil Chandler - 25 mil Posey) - loses their elite PG in Paul, but also replenish on young inexpensive talent while retaining the services of All Star David West. Starting Lineup would feature: Bayless, Harden, Peja, West, and Ely. They will be able to Address center in 2010 Draft., while bringing in Jeff Green.
Oklahoma instantly become a playoff team with a starting five of: Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant, James Posey, David Lee, Tyson Chandler and will bring some much needed interest to the team.
And well the blazers get Paul =)
What do you think? Who does not want to make this trade? Who does?