Over the last 10 games, Portland has gone 7-3. During that period our ranking among NBA teams has been right at the top. The following list shows where the Blazers rank for a number of key team statistics.
* Point differential: #1. The most important measure!
* Opponents' points per game: #3. Defense wins in the playoffs.
* Assists differential: #3. Offensive efficiency exceeding opponents' offensive efficiency.
* Rebound differential: #3. Hustle, toughness inside.
* Block differential: #3. Hustle, toughness inside, again.
* Opponents's rebounds allowed: #2. Keeping opponents from doing good things is critical. Here, don't let them get the ball.
* Opponents' assists allowed: #3. Another measure of keeping opponents from doing good things. Here, disrupting offensive efficiency.
These are some really outstanding stats. And they show things that we've known about the Blazers all year -- good offensive efficiency, good rebounding.
But they show some surprising defensive effectiveness: keeping opponents points, assists, and rebounds down. As well as hustle and toughness. These are not how league observers characterize the Blazers. You hear a lot about slow pace and poor defense.
These stats show that we ARE peaking at the right time. If we can keep this up into the playoffs, we can go farther than people think!