1) I confess to being one of the people who thought Blake and Miller should never play together. Then Nate starts them both, and plays them together most of the game. The Blazers then beat the Spurs by 12. This is why Nate's the coach and I'm not.
2) I took my lucky charm to the game tonight, my 6-year-old daughter. The Blazers are undefeated when she goes. I was a little bit worried when she fell asleep in the 2nd quarter, but apparently she doesn't need to be conscious at the game for the Blazers to win. With 50 seconds to go and the game clearly in the bag, I woke her up to say it was time to go. "Is it over?" she asked. "No," I said. "I don't want to go then", she said. Now there's a Blazers fan.
3) Can anyone tell me when the last time Greg Oden was the first Blazer in double figures. Oden schooled Duncan all night long. It was joy to watch.
4) I love the fact that Blazer fans know their team so well, that they went bonkers when Nate put Jerryd Bayless in the game. How many teams have a fan base that tracks their 3rd string point guards minutes, and cheers when he plays.
5) On the hand, the jerks who yell Blake s*cks at the top of their lungs during a crucial free throw make me want to dump a beer on someone's head. I'm so sick of the Blake/Miller "controversy." Just shut-up and enjoy the game.
6) Boy, Webster looked mad that he didn't start. Sure am glad he took it out on the Spurs.
7) Manu Ginobli is a whiner.
8) OK, but if Oden is schooling Duncan in the first and second quarters, maybe we could get a pass into him in the fourth once in a while too. Not that Travis didn't once again carry us through the fourth, but Oden's shots just look so much easier--bump, turn, dunk a Duncan.