Great idea from Canzano!
If Memphis plays Darius nominal minutes in a handful of games, the NBAPA should file a grievance to the leauge on behalf of guys like Fred Jones, Luke Jackson, Ime Udoka and other potential free agents (dare I say Shavlick Randolph... my personal favorite) over the next two years.
- If Memphis does this stunt to screw the Blazers and make money for themselves, they are removing $9 million in Portland cap space each of the next two summers.
- If Portland had that cap space, they'd most likely use it (principles of SPAM).
- If Portland was able to use it and did, that is a ton of money for potential Free Agents.
- That's also more money for agents and even NBAPA dues!
- Perhaps Billie Hunter doesn't like the Blazers--but he may be on the wrong side of this issue!
- Billie Hunter embarrassed the Blazers the other day by filing a grievance, but who will get the last laugh?