Since everyone is getting offended, I would like to be offensive in this junk drawer.
- I refuse to freak out over injuries. For as long as I can remember, injuries have happened in sports. They suck, but they are an opportunity for another player to step up. Each time there is an injury on the roster, I will not pout, moan, or lament, "Woe is me." Injuries suck. It is not karma, bad luck, or some other force, it is just an injury.
- I do not hate the Lakers and I do not hate Kobe. I do not want them to win because I am not a fan of that team. Their fans are obnoxious, and Kobe is an arrogant SOB. I could probably say that about fans of most teams and find an arrogant SOB on each roster. In a few years the Blazers will have the most obnoxious fans in the NBA.
- On that note, I refuse to place a "*" in place of letters in the names and team name of the Lakers. Lakers fans see it is as a sign of weakness or fear of the Lakers, and I am not afraid. I expect the Blazers to dominate the Lakers over the next decade. People should not be afraid of an inferior opponent.
- Can someone tell my why nicknames are so important to people? LaMarcus Aldrige’s nickname is LA.
- Blazers fans need to stop looking forward to the draft. If things go well, I doubt we will be too excited about some guy drafted out of Podunk U with a late first round pick. (Who am I kidding? Fans will always have fascinations for rookies.)
- Same goes with the expectation of roster overhauling trades. If you are building a hotrod, after you build the high performance engine, get great wheels and tires, and a paint job with new interior, the only adjustments you make are minor tweaks and refine some details. (Who am I kidding? Fans will always have fascinations for blockbuster trades.)
- "Nuther" and "Nother" are not words. I do not see it on Blazer’s Edge that much but I am sick of hearing it on the radio. I hear, "A whole nuther thing," quite often and it is dumb.
- I get offended by the "first" thing. It has jumped the shark and it is lame.
This post really is not as offensive as I wanted it to be. Oh I got some.
- I have never like Bill Schonely.
- Brian Wheeler annoys me, I hate his squealing, and I hate “BOOM-CHAKA-LAKA.”
- I’m not too high on Mike Rice as well. He always sounds drunk.
I asked in yesterday’s junk drawer and did not really get an answer. Can someone tell me the difference between a deep team and a team with too much talent?