I normally don't get into the whole trade machine thing, but the recent flurry of activity got me wondering if we might be able to snag Mike Conley.
Memphis now has three rookie point guards, a hole in the PF position, and has adopted an up-tempo style of play.
My trade would send Memphis: Channing Frye and Sergio for Conley.
How this helps Memphis:
- Sergio could be the next Steve Nash.
- He's had over a season of...seasoning.
- Frye would be a good player to pair with Darko in the up-tempo style. He'd also get some solid PT.
- Memphis isn't taking on a bad contract to make the deal.
- We get a solid rookie PG whose style would complement Roy and Oden.
- We'd clear a roster spot for Rudy.
- Big for small is never good.
- This doesn't help our PG overload.
- Both Oden and Conley are represented by Conley's dad.
- Team chemistry is good. Why mess with it during the season?
- ANOTHER point guard of the future?
- We're already short big guys, and trading Frye doesn't help.
- KP already said he isn't actively shopping, and changing his story now would permanently tarnish his reputation with the players.
- Trading young players with a little experience for a younger player with no experience is bad.
Would you? Would Memphis? Would KP?