I say we send our players we're having trouble finding time for out for future (2012 and beyond) draft-picks. We can target likely lottery teams in the next 4-8 years. Clippers, OKC, Minnesota and Golden State because they can't seem to put together a good plan and Dallas, Phoenix and San Antonio because they are going to have to start rebuilding really soon. I'm focusing on the Western conference because the east is so easy right now that one good piece can take a team to play-offs.
There are several reasons to get picks instead of players:
1. One of Portlands biggest strengths right now is scouting.
2. KP is a wizard on draft day. The more draft picks and assets he has the more he can accomplish.
3. We can keep widening our championship window by adding young players.
4. We can keep the team culture and chemistry by integrating younger players into it as they mature instead of adding free-agents and vets. who will alter things.
5. Except for PG we have two starter-all star caliber players at every position.