With this miraculous run, our Blazers have vaulted into the thick of playoff contention. We're still just 34 games into the season, and its very possible that an injury or two or a stretch of poor play will render this moot. However, one of the fun things about a playoff race is rooting for your competitors to lose.
With that in mind, here's a very simple (and rather obvious) guide to let you figure out who to root for in other games.
- Root for all East teams against all non-Blazer west teams.
- Root for San Antonion, Phoenix, Dallas (playoff locks) and Minnesota, Seattle, Memphis, LAC and Sac (very unlikely to make playoffs) against all other non-Blazer west teams.
- Root especially hard against the Nuggets and Jazz (division rivals).
- Root almost as hard against the Warriors and Rockets (teams we have a reasonable shot at beating out- it'll be awfully tough to finish above LAL or NO).
- Enjoy the fact that we are legit playoff contenders for the first time in 4 years.